Preventive cardiac evaluations are helpful in identifying and reducing your risk for heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions. The information is then used to develop a personalized plan for maintaining optimal heart health for you.
During a preventive cardiac evaluation, your cardiologist will review your medical history and conduct a physical exam to assess your overall health and identify potential risk factors. Tests conducted can include measuring your:
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood sugar levels
The doctor will also evaluate your dietary, exercise, and smoking habits. Results from these assessments are then used to determine what additional diagnostic tests you may need to identify any underlying conditions.
According to the CDC, one person dies every 34 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease.
Preventive cardiac evaluations focus on identifying risk factors early, which means timely treatment and care to reduce your risk of severe cardiac concerns. Early detection makes managing, treating, and preventing cardiac conditions easier, keeping you in strong cardiac health.
The goal of preventive evaluations is to lower a patient’s risk of developing heart disease and having a first heart attack or stroke. Results from the evaluations are used to support ongoing care to prevent heart disease.
At Samuel Family Cardiology, our cardiologists advocate an integrated approach, which includes conventional medical care and natural strategies, to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Conventional care includes prescription medication and procedures, while natural strategies include leading a healthy lifestyle, including exercise and diet.
The risk of life-threatening cardiovascular situations can be significantly reduced by simple lifestyle changes, such as:
- Quitting smoking
- Exercising and being active
- Following a heart-healthy diet
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Reducing stress
- Improving your sleep health
Treating and preventing cardiovascular disease has progressed significantly over recent years. The most important thing is to understand your cardiac health and follow a personalized treatment plan based on your individual needs.
At Samuel Family Cardiology, we perform comprehensive cardiovascular risk assessments that can include cholesterol management and cardiac imaging, as needed.
Preventive cardiac evaluations are recommended for patients with a family history of heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions. These evaluations are also beneficial for patients who have other risk factors, such as:
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Overweight or high BMI (body-mass index)
- Current or prior history of smoking
- High cholesterol (high LDL, high triglycerides, or low HDL)
- Inflammatory disorders or rheumatologic diseases, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or inflammatory bowel disease
- Underwent chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer treatment
- History of complicated pregnancy, such as gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, low birth weight for baby, or preeclampsia
- Premature menopause due to medical or natural causes
- Personal history of heart disease, stroke, or peripheral vascular disease
- Family history of heart attack, stroke, sudden death, or any other heart condition, especially at an early age
Whatever your risk of heart disease, preventive cardiac evaluations provide vital information, advice, and treatments designed just for you.
Dr. John Samuel and Dr. Paulraj Samuel have extensive experience in treating a wide range of heart conditions, including hypertension, vascular diseases, atherosclerosis, heart failure, and more. During your consultation, they take the time to understand your unique history and needs and then create a targeted treatment plan to reduce the likelihood of any heart condition.
To schedule a cardiology consultation with one of our experienced cardiologists, please contact us at 281-446-2999 or contact us online.
Cherish your life, for it is precious! We look forward to helping you achieve optimal heart health.